Thursday, December 25, 2008

What a Year ... Bring on 2009

Bless me Blog, it has been a while since I last posted something.

2008 has been a very challenging year for me. It was the start to a new life on my own and and has been filled with many ups and downs.

I began the year thinking that I would be ok on my own, I would manage and be able to look after myself. I am a stubborn person and don't like to admit defeat. I have now accepted that living on my own is something I can no longer afford to do.

A very wise man said to me a little while ago to "GOYA!" - get of your arse!! I thank you my dear and cherished friend.

I accept that there are somethings that I cannot change and are beyond my control but those that I can, I will.

So ... I will be looking for a housemate to ease the financial burden ... Any/All recommendations will be welcome ;-)

My resolution for 2009 is to be positive and move forward towards achieving stability in my life.

I have met some wonderful people and have made some great friends in the latter half of 2008 and look forward to sharing more fun times together.


My eldest daughter, Marissa, not only turned 18 this year but wrote her HSC. She excelled in her results and I am extremely proud of her.

My youngest daughter, Stephanie, turned 12 and celebrated her Batmitzvah. She made me very proud in her delivery of her speech and in the confident young lady she has become.

Marissa heads off overseas next year for at least 10 months and whilst I will miss her very much it will be an experience of a lifetime for her.

I hope that all my friends have had a wonderful Christmas and that 2009 is a good year for all.

((hugs))
xx

4 comments:

Murfomurf said...

Beauty, Dana! You did something- blogged!! Yayy!! (dancing banana etc) When you lay out your 2008, you have achieved a lot- and you haven't mentioned other health things you are overcoming and adapting to. Well done with the tummy business!
You daughters are amazing- such excellent results for Marissa- and being separated from her mum- she must have a strong will and plenty of focus, as well as brains from you. Stephanie's Batmitzvah is a huge milestone and I'm sure the extended family is very proud of her. We Gentiles are a bit in the dark, but my Jewish friends seem pleased when their kids follow the traditions this way. You DO have your own place, even though the financial constraints are forcing you to have a housemate for a while. I have a suggestion of a housemate via private Plurk. As for spending the traditional feast days alone- Steve and I have quite got to like it! There are zillions of other party days and it's good to have a day off. Gird your loins for Saturday and the Tuscany Bash! Show us some of your card creations in the blog, eh?!

Kelley @ magneto bold too said...

Merry Christmas babe!

I am with you, lets pretend this year did not happen and start with a clean slate for next year K?

Charlie said...

Love you lots babe.

You know I actually think we need years like to this to grow stronger, develop our character, find out who is most important in life (and who we want to share it with) and what we want our life to be. 2008 was not great - 2009 will be fine - but we will only find out why in time.

here here to a new year. Tuscany will ROCK xxx

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Happy New 2009!!! heh heh. Good to get to know you a bit thru Facebook too. [waves heloo happily]

Cyalayta
Mal :)